FTE Asia 2013 will be complemented by a free IATA workshop, at which experts from IATA and guest speakers will lead in-depth technical sessions in an interactive environment on the following subject areas:
- The situation today regarding IATA Fast Travel initiatives
- Experiences and opportunities in China for implementing IATA Fast Travel projects
- Leveraging the possibilities of the always connected Passenger – how the industry can exploit personal technology (mobile) to serve the customer better
- Introduction to new areas IATA is targeting from 2013 including:
- Security Access and Egress project – improving the passenger flow through security
- Checkpoint of the Future – its relevance for the Asian Market
- Situation report on Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, and its impact on the passenger experience of the future.
The third Future Travel Experience event takes place in Hong Kong from 7-9 May 2013. The event, themed ‘Advanced processing strategies to facilitate rapid passenger growth’, will be delivered in partnership with IATA, ACI Asia-Pacific, Hong Kong International Airport, Cathay Pacific and Dragonair. FTE Asia 2013 will help airlines, airports, handlers, cruise operators, government agencies, rail authorities, destination partners and industry providers make the best possible decisions regarding the evolution of passenger and baggage processing methods, terminal facilities and other offerings relating to improving the overall passenger experience.