FTE Startup Hub member Pilota has launched a new product to keep air travellers safe as they book their flights. The product, FlySafe, is a free browser extension that shows travellers which safety precautions are being taken on each flight as they plan for travel. The product overlays the information directly on online booking engines like Google Flights.
While airlines, airports and travel providers are continuously implementing new safety measures to keep travellers safe and restore confidence in travel, CEO of Pilota, Saniya Shah and her team have recognised that it hasn’t been so easy for passengers to find the relevant travel information, when planning their trips. In order to address this, Pilota’s team has launched a new solution, called FlySafe.
The product allows users to easily compare flight safety, health and flexibility precautions on the booking sites they are already using, such as Google Flights, Expedia, etc. It discreetly overlays these measures on their flight search results, allowing them to quickly see what measures each airline is taking to keep passengers safe from COVID-19. It also provides personalised ratings for each flight, which are generated based on the safety precautions that the user has selected. To make the process of comparing and considering flights easier, FlySafe allows users to save the flights they are interested in, compare them across websites, get flight status, price changes, and much more all in one place.
FlySafe provides the following information for each flight:
- Mask requirement – Many flights are requiring all crew and passengers to wear a mask prior to boarding the flight. The product will let travellers know if the flight they are viewing will require all crew and passengers to be wearing a mask.
- Seat blocking – Some flights are blocking middle seats or a certain number of seats to increase the distance between passengers. The product will let travellers know if this measure will be implemented on the flight they are viewing.
- Capacity capping – Many airlines are capping the capacity of their flights to avoid overcrowding on the plane. The product lets travellers know if the flight they are viewing is going to be capping their maximum capacity below normal levels.
- Air filtration – HEPA filters have been making the headlines recently as one of the precautions already implemented in planes to keep the air that travellers are breathing safe. The product lets travellers know if the flight’s aircraft is equipped with surgical grade HEPA air filters.
- Provided PPE – Some flights will be handing out masks or protective equipment to passengers prior to boarding the aircraft. The product will let travellers know whether to expect PPE to be provided for them on the flight they are viewing or if they should plan to bring their own.
- Boarding sanitisation measures – Many new sanitisation measures have been created to reduce the number of touchpoints and interactions between passengers and the gate staff. The product will let travellers know if these new measures will be implemented during boarding of the flight they are viewing.
- Social distancing – Some flights are implementing social distancing measures during check in and boarding. The product will let travellers know if these measures will be implemented on the flight they are viewing.
- Cabin sanitisation – Many airlines have increased their cabin sanitisation measures on their flights. The product will let travellers know if the flight they are viewing will be sanitised according to the new measures.
- Food hygiene – For flights providing food and beverage service, many have implemented new measures to reduce touch points during food preparation and distribution. The product will let travellers know if these new measures are being implemented on the flight they are viewing.
- Flexible policies – With the uncertainty prevalent right now, many passengers want to know if there are any flexible policies available before they book their ticket, such as waived change fees or options for refunds. The product will let travellers know if there are any flexible policies available on the flight they are viewing.
Visit https://www.flypilota.com/ to find out more.