Air Canada is continuing to invest in customer comfort across its fleet of Airbus A321s and A320s, which will feature a new cabin interior, new technologies and services such as Bluetooth audio and free high-speed connectivity.
“We’re proud to welcome customers onboard to experience the comfort, convenience, and connectivity of our latest cabins,” said Mark Nasr, Executive Vice President, Marketing and Digital, and President of Aeroplan. “These upgraded fleet interiors will align the A320s and A321s to the highly popular A220 experience, further strengthening our industry-leading product offering. Additionally, new features such as our inflight entertainment system streaming exterior aircraft camera feeds, Bluetooth connectivity, and free, fast internet connectivity will be extremely popular with travellers. We will continue advancing our product leadership by trailing more new inflight experiences with this A321 and expanding those learnings to additional aircraft in our fleet.”
Highlights of the new cabin include:
- Larger overhead bins – latest Airbus Airspace XL design, the largest overhead bins in-class that will also be installed on the Airbus A321XLRs.
- Upgraded seating – presents a standardised product across the Air Canada narrow-body fleet in both Business Class and Economy. The new seats are designed to optimise passenger personal space, improve ergonomics, and provide more storage giving customers a more comfortable experience.
- Bluetooth audio – Air Canada’s newest IFE system will feature a Bluetooth-enabled seatback monitor. Customers will be able to connect their personal headsets while watching video on demand, live TV, or listening to podcasts or music. This initiative helps reduce usage of single-use headphones and supports Air Canada’s sustainability objectives in reducing waste.
- New exterior cameras – customers can now watch their flight live thanks to a new first-in-class narrow-body tail and belly camera system providing high-resolution, real-time video of the aircraft exterior.
- Full colour LED mood lighting – new cabin lighting system will allow different ambiances to be set depending on time of day and phase of flight.
- Fast and reliable Wi-Fi – upgraded satellite-based connectivity.
- Power options at all seats – all customers have access to power outlets, USB-A, and USB-C.