AirAsia has unveiled a website and mobile app facelift, including a chatbot named AVA (AirAsia Virtual Allstar) powered by artificial intelligence (AI).
The updates have been designed with the passenger in mind, and are aimed at delivering a more seamless, user-friendly experience to the airline’s website, airasia.com, and the app’s 3.3 million monthly active users, from bookings to browsing for deals to online shopping and customer support.
The new features include:
- A new comprehensive homepage designed for easier and faster navigation, including upcoming flight notice, search shortcut and recent searches, links to the best hotels, travel, duty free shopping and activity deals, recommended destinations and a link to BigPay, AirAsia’s money app.
- An AI-powered chatbot, available on the new live chat feature to respond to guest enquiries instantly. AVA is currently available in eight languages – English, Malaysian, Thai, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. The chatbot was built by the AirAsia Software Engineering and Technology (AASET) and Customer Happiness team using technology from Ada, a Toronto based company that specialises in AI-powered customer experience.
- New flight search with map – iOS users can now choose where to go using an interactive map that pinpoints all of AirAsia’s destinations in a single page.
- Combined Station Picker – iOS users can now select the nearest departure and arrival airports and filter by number of stops and flight duration.
- Voice assistant – iOS users can also check their upcoming flight status simply by asking Siri. To use this feature, passengers need to click the “Add to Siri” button under Flight Itinerary or My Bookings.
- FACES enrolment – Guest may now enrol to AirAsia’s Fast Airport Clearance Experience System (FACES) on their mobile app to clear security and board their flight seamlessly, by clicking on ‘My Account’ and ‘My FACES’ to take a 5-seconds video of their face.
- Low Fare Calendar – guests can now search for the lowest fares using the Low Fare Calendar, which has been integrated in the app, earn and pay using BIG Points and enjoy instant member discounts when they log in.
Aireen Omar, Deputy Group CEO, Digital, Transformation and Corporate Services, AirAsia, said: “We are excited to welcome the new year with our new-look website and app that features AI and boasts a better, faster, more intuitive experience. We are always working to enhance our guest experience, and we will be adding more mobile app features in the months to come so it is no longer just a flight booking platform, but your complete travel companion. We encourage new users to download the app for free from the App Store or Google Play to experience these features for themselves.”