The plan will see a range of improvements made in the terminals and to passenger services at Dublin Airport, including quicker security times, faster free Wi-Fi, additional seating, including the addition of designated family seating areas, and a mix of new and improved food and beverage options throughout both terminals.
“We’ve listened to our passengers’ feedback, and we’re focusing on improving the things that matter most to them,” said Kenny Jacobs, CEO, daa. “This summer, our passengers can expect to see more staff, shorter queues, more seats, new family seating zones and less clutter across the airport. There will be more buses and taxis at the airport, and more places to eat and drink. Passengers will also be able to enjoy faster free Wi-Fi, with average speeds to be doubled over the course of this year. Charging their devices will be easier as well, with 20% more power sockets and USB charging ports. A full audit of existing sockets and ports has also been completed, with all broken units having been replaced.”
daa, the operator of Dublin Airport, is aiming to get 90% of passengers through security in less than 20 minutes this summer, building on the stable performance experienced so far this year, with 92% of passengers processed in under 20 minutes. A full refurbishment of Fast Track is already underway in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
Once passengers are through security, they will find improvements designed to make their journey more pleasant, including increased seating – with 400 extra seats being added for summer 2023 – while two new dedicated family seating zones will also open in Terminal 1 in time for the busy Easter period.
daa’s 15-point improvement plan for Dublin Airport passengers:
- Strong security: 90% of passengers will pass through security screening in under 20 minutes.
- Cleaner washrooms: Higher cleanliness standards throughout both terminals with 1,500 cleaning hours and 120 cleaning inspections each day this summer.
- More seating: 400 additional seats being introduced across the terminals.
- New family seating zones: Dedicated family seating areas added in Terminal 1.
- Faster free Wi-Fi: Average Wi-Fi speeds to be doubled in the terminals during 2023.
- Better Fast Track: Full refurbishment of Security Fast Track in Terminal 1, with a whole new look and feel.
- More Charging Points: 20% increase in number of power sockets and USB ports available for passengers. All existing sockets tested and replaced where necessary.
- Less clutter: Clutter removed from both terminals for a quicker and smoother passenger journey.
- Better customer service: Always enough staff in place in key areas.
- Better taxi experience: 20% increase in permits issued.
- More bus options: 15% increase in active bus routes.
- More food options: Five new eateries opening, plus value meals available in all food outlets, with a new pop-up coffee unit during the summer months.
- More sustainable: Increased number of Low Emission Vehicles (LEVs) across the airport’s light vehicle fleet by 70% this year versus last.
- New ways to shop: Collection lockers are being introduced to make it easier for people to shop & collect at their leisure.
- Better App: Passengers will be able to leave feedback in real-time this summer using a new ‘Rate My Airport’ feature on the Dublin Airport app.